Monday, August 11, 2008

birthday grill

my birthday was tuesday the 5th. my parents came to help me celebrate. we had so much fun! they got in on friday night, the 1st around 6. we had dinner and then went for a 3 mile walk that ended up feeling much longer than i remembered!

justin got home on saturday morning and napped while mom and dad and i went to the farmer's market. we got freshly squeezed blueberry lemonade, which is about the best thing ever! we also picked up some zucchini (chichini to dakota), squash, corn on the cob, watermelon, tomatoes, and an eggplant. it was my first try making eggplant and it was ok. none of us were very sure if we really liked it. after we got home from the farmer's market. i put my dad to work fixing little things around the house. he was trying to attach this filter to our kitchen sink faucet and didn't have the right parts. he needed to go to home depot. so he suggested we all go. i thought the boys should just go and the girls would go fabric shopping. i was vetoed. as was all go to get in the car, justin forgot his keys to my car so i asked dad if we could just take theirs. he was a little reluctant, which was weird, but we all piled in. well as soon as we got in, dad says, "this is not going to work." well, they were trying to surprise me with my new grill!! it was funny, and i was surprised, just a little sooner than they had hoped. we had our first cook out saturday night and it was yummy!

No comments: