Friday, September 4, 2009

don't mess with justin, he's smarter than you

so justin is trying to sell an amp on craig's list. here's the exchange between him and a potential buyer. no part of the email has been changed:

I live in southern Illinois. If I paypal you, could you securely
ship it to me? If not, could you meet me half way??
Would be Paducah since I live in Mt Vernon, IL. Say either add the
price of shipping or $50 bucks for meeting me to the final price.
Let me know if you're interested. Been looking for Princeton Reverb
for awhile now..
thanks
-Ryan

Ryan--

I'm sorry man, but I don't have any time to drive four hours to meet
you, and I bought it new in town, so I don't have a box to ship it
in. I can really only sell it locally.

Thanks,
Justin

It's actually two hours, 139 miles, but I understand.. Also, you
really must not be that sharp if you aren't aware that USPS has
boxes.. How did you figure out how to plug the guitar in???? Did
someone show you? haha
Good luck selling, buddy. You made my day.
-ryan


Let's do a little simple math: 2 hours to Paducah + two hours back to
Nashville = FOUR HOURS worth of driving.

I don't have the original manufacturer's box (because I bought it new
locally), and I don't have the time to go find both a box and packing
materials, pack the amp up properly, and ship it out. Hence the
phrase, "LOCAL SALE ONLY" in my ad on Craigslist.

And which one of us isn't that sharp?


check mate, ryan!!

7 comments:

Marie said...

hee hee hee!

Kerry said...

I'm not sure, but I think ryan might just be one of my 7th graders!!

Carmen said...

Wow...talk about lacking some tact, not to mention common sense!

kevin knox said...

absolutely classic!! go justin!

he's the smartest famous guitarist I know.

Justin's mom said...

Yup, smart like his MOTHER! hahaha Proud of you Justin! Always have been. WAAAYYY smarter than most!!! Cute story.

carrie said...

ahaha...that's awesome. thanks for sharing.

AnneR said...

I'm wondering how craigslist works when I read the "Best Of." Hoping to unload a few things on there too - vehicles and part especially. So, no, I won't ship my Jeep Wagoneer, but thanks for asking!