Tuesday, July 1, 2008

itchy, itchy, scratchy, scratchy

Well, for those of you who didn't see me (thank GOD for that!) I got into some poison oak 2 weeks ago. i don't think i've ever been so miserable-except maybe when i had the flu while on crutches.

anyway, i decided that while justin was gone, i was going to clean up the flower bed that was completely over grown in the back yard. on tuesday night i spent about 3 hours, digging and pulling weeds and generally making things look pretty. little did i know that some of those "weeds" were poison oak!! I ended up getting it on my hands which then of course spread it everywhere.

on wednesday i noticed an itchy spot on my left forearm and left knee. they gradually got worse and worse and then started to spread. by friday night my face had started to itch....yes my FACE! justin came home on sunday and by then, i looked like a monster. no really...swollen red bumps everywhere. both arms, both legs, face, and stomach. i had used every cream in the book and was about to od on benadryl. justin was so great. i was pretty much like, hey honey welcome home! don't touch me!

finally on tuesday i went to the doctor and got the good stuff-steroids! after taking them i felt better almost immediately. my face is all back to normal and my arms and legs and stomach are getting there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you do these things to yourself? My ears still gross you out? I'm thinking of taking pictures of them without the earrings - when not stretched out with the earring, they are smaller and round and yeah, a little gross.